Rosemary and lemon, we just love this combination. This greenish cocktail with the rosemary creates a special mood. Looking at the cocktail raises the question 'what does it tastes like?' And well, everyone shall want to try it. Enjoy!
For the cocktail
- 60 ml Plymouth Gin
- 30 ml BeARTENDER Lemon
- 20 ml rosemary syrup
- pinch of salt
- 45 ml soda water
For rosemary syrup
- 100 g fine sugar
- 100 ml water
- 25 g rosemary
INTO THE GLASS
Combine all the ingredients except the soda water in a shaker. Add ice cubes and shake until chilled. Double strain it into a pre-cooled Collins glass with ice. Top up with soda water. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and twist of lemon zest.
How to make Rosemary syrup
1. Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. While heating up, fill a container with iced water and another pan with a little water.
3. Blanch the rosemary in boiling water for 15 seconds. Remove the rosemary and immediately immerse it in the iced water.
4. When the rosemary is cooled, remove the leaves from the stem. Discard the stem.
5. Combine the rosemary leaves and the cooled syrup in a blender. Pulse 5 to 6 times.
6. Sieve the syrup into an airtight container while you sieve this very finely. Use a tea sieve (mesh strainer) and use a cheese cloth if necessary.